I am an illustrator, cartoonist, and designer in Toronto, Ontario.
My books include Burt’s Way Home (Koyama Press, 2016), A Cat Named Tim and Other Stories (Koyama Press, 2014), and Destination X (Nobrow, 2013). My work can also been seen in MAD Magazine, and at The Nib.
I am the Art Director at Penguin Random House Canada Young Readers and Tundra Books.
Note: for Tundra Books portfolio submissions, do not email me directly. Please see the Tundra Books submissions guidelines.
Partial Client List
MAD Magazine, Slate, The Nib, The Globe and Mail, Hallmark Cards, American Greetings, Lucky Peach, The Washington Post, Koyama Press, Nobrow, Quirk Books, OwlKids Books, Kids Can Press, chickaDEE and Chirp Magazine, La Pastèque, The Toronto Public Library, The Toronto International Film Festival
Awards & Recognition
- Eisner Awards, Best Publication for Early Readers (Nominee, Burt’s Way Home), 2017
- Doug Wright Awards, Best Book (Nominee, Burt’s Way Home), 2017
- Ignatz Awards, Outstanding Comic (Nominee, Be Good), 2016
- Governor General Awards for Literature (Shortlist, A Cat Named Tim and Other Stories), 2015
- Eisner Awards, Best Publication for Early Readers (Nominee, A Cat Named Tim and Other Stories), 2015
- Ignatz Awards, Outstanding Story (Nominee, Destination X), 2014
- Society of Illustrators, Comics and Cartoon Annual, Gold Medal, 2014
- Ignatz Awards, Outstanding Story (Gold Star), 2013
- National Cartoonists Society, Best Book Illustration (Nominee, Dear Flyary), 2013
- Gene Day Award, Joe Shuster Awards (Heaven All Day), 2011
- Doug Wright Awards, Best Emerging Talent (Nominee), 2010
- Xeric Grant (Heaven All Day), 2010
- Doug Wright Awards, Pigskin Peters Award (Nominee, Excelsior 1968), 2008